Re: [LI] Display driver of sis 6215

ASHIT SHAH wrote:

> I have just installed the linux and know nothing about it,I have installed
> Red hat 6.0 with gnome application.
> My problem is that:
>                   When my system boot through LILO after entering login and

ashit,
u r right, it is your display card causing the problems
please visit "www.linux-india.org" and search in the archives for SiS 6215 to find
solutions to ur problem....... or  wait for RedHat 6.1 to be released which will
support your card. how and why ur card will be suppoted in RH6.1 is explained
below
ur card was not supported in the old version of xfree86 that came with RH6.0 ....
now RH 6.1 is coming with xfree86 version 3.3.5 which has full support for SiS
6215, SiS 6C215, SiS 6328, etc........
i guess u can think abt the solutions now with this info ;-)

please search the archives b4 posting queries to the list......

bye
chetu
--
 If it was'nt for C we'd have to program in
 BASI, PASAL and OBOL ......