Re: [LI] Display driver of sis 6215

Hi!
There's a problem configuring your display driver.

For a temporary fix to seeing too large fonts, press: <CTRL> + <ALT> + <+(on the numeric keyboard)> to cycle through your available resolutions, possibly, you'll get a resolution, you're comfortable with.

Next, read the file /usr/lib/X11/Cards.SiS
There, you'll find a pointer to an ftp site containing the XF86Setup program which you shoould (download and) execute, in order to support your card...(SiS cards are supported by it).

Optionally, you can wait a week longer... I believe that PCQ is coming up with a Linux CD which will have the driver of this card.

If you want to go to the character based screen ... Press <CTRL-ALT-1> to get another login prompt. You can kill your X-Window by <CTRL>+<ALT>+<backspace>... then, go to the # and run Xconfigurator, or xf86config... you'll get hints from there...
Hope this helps,
Rohit

Ashit:
When my system boot through LILO after entering login and pass the windows i am encountering is toolarge and impossible to browse; Fonts
too are  abnormally large.
I thought display driver will be the problem? If it is true
or else please let me know;