Re: [LI] Display driver of sis 6215

To the best of my knowledge, sis6215 is not supported out of the box in
RH6.x
I run that card with with decent results in one of my labs. you can try it
too.

1.Log in as root
If it directly takes you to GNOME , press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace key to come out
of X and enter console mode. With the kind of display problem , you will
probably have a tough time coming out the proper way ;)

2.In console run a program called Xconfigurator
 (XF86Setup if that is not available, but Xconfigurator is simpler for
starters, less cumbersome)

3. When asked for "Chosse Grphics card".. choose "Generic SVGA"

4. Monitor settings should not cause much problem.

5. You should be running X in no time !!

In case of problems, please get back to the list.
Thanks
shourya

Shourya Sarcar
Student
Jadavpur University
Calcutta
India 700032

Email :  sarcar@xxxxxxxx
Phone:  91-33-4710477
Residence : 364/3 Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road
                            Calcutta , India 700 047