[LI] Update

All:

My apologies for the silence on Bangalore IT.COM this past week. Various
things got in the way, and since there wasn't anything to report except
that there was nothing to report, I didn't report anything... ;-)

First of all - the Bangalore ILUG meet is POSTPONED to *next* Saturday
(30-Oct-1990) for a simple, logistical reason - no hall available that's
big enough to handle what we need to do, and we do not yet have a
confirmation on the machines we are going to use. More details on the meet
will be posted in the next two days.

We considered asking people to volunteer their personal machines (and
several did so without even being asked), but decided to resort to that
only if we have absolutely no choice. For what we have in mind, the
machines would have to be completely reformatted, which most people would
baulk at.

Secondly, the logistics are mind-boggling - we need something like 20-25
machines, and would probably end up with so many permutations and
combinations in terms of hardware that we would be fighting impossible
odds getting it all functioning properly.

At this time, we have approached various hardware vendors to lend us
machines of uniform nature for the show. We have yet to get any concrete
results but should see some by Monday. If you work for a large computer
company that can lend Linux India machines for a week, please get in touch
with me. Generic specs will be 64MB/2-4GB/NIC/SVGA/15"/CDROM.

We froze the details of the stall contents yesterday, based on various
suggestions received from you all. The details will become available in a
little while.

We will require about 30-40 volunteers to man the stall. I know that this
sounds steep, but I have faith in the community. Details of the volunteers
will also be up in a little while. Please note that the volunteers will be
required starting 30-Oct through 6-Nov (i.e. from the ILUG meet on
Saturday, to the end of Bangalore IT.COM). You *will* be allowed to go
home at night. ;-)

More details (hopefully) by this evening, when KD will put up the pages on
the site.

Atul