Re: [LI] KDE install on Deb.. How about this

> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:13:16 -0700
> From: Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [LI] KDE install on Deb.. How about this
>

> > Ofcourse this should install all the package
> > database file and such stuff on the respective systems. Then use rpm on a
debian
> > system to install rpms and dpkg on RH system.
>
> Why?  When most of the same software is available pre-paclaged in both the
> .rpm and .deb formats?

Just because RH is widely distributed in India by PCQuest and Chip. So packages
are easly avilable for ppl, no need to download. Thus ppl can just use this rpms
to install the required packages on their debian systems

> You *can* get the KDE software in deb format already (off of KDE's site).

But not on PC quest or Chip :-)

-Chetan S

> Thaths
> --
> "Dough... the stuff that buys me beer. Ray... the guy that sells me beer.
> Me... the guy who drinks the beer. Far... the distance to my beer.
> So... I think I'll habe a beer. La... La la la la la beer.
> Tea... No thanks, I'm drinking beer." -- Homer J. Simpson
> Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave

_______
ATM A Technical Mistake