Re: [LI] Disk Space.

Muthukumaran Rajendran forced the electrons to say:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> file called "kcore" in the "/proc" directory. It is nearly 33 MB in
> size. Can I delete the file?. Please suggest. Eagerly waiting for your

To reduce the size of this file, downsize the RAM in your computer. :-)

Seriously, you don't have to do anything to the /proc filesystem. It is a
pseudo filesystem, and as such does not take up any disk space on your
computer. The kcore file is the image of the RAM in your computer. Deleting
this file will not help - It will be there the next time you check.

The correct place to look for disk space wastage is in /var, /tmp and /home.

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-