[LI] Unable to e-mail anyone on my machine from outside

Hiya,
  My m/c is rockford.myip.org -> points to my actual IP , which is
dynamically generated everytime i dial into my isp.
  I wanted to email ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from giasmda.vsnl.net.in ; so i
telnet-ted into giasmda and logged in as ravikant , i sent myself ( @
rockford ) a mail ... and the mailer daemon @giasmda reported these....

----
<snip>

<ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

... while talking to rockford.myip.org.:
>>> RCPT To:<ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<<< 550 relaying to <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> prohibited by administrator
550 <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>... User unknown

Reporting-MTA: dns; giasmda.vsnl.net.in
Received-From-MTA: DNS; giasmda
Arrival-Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:17:27 GMT

Final-Recipient: RFC822; ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; rockford.myip.org
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 relaying to <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> prohibited
by
administrator
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:17:44 GMT

<snip>
------

And how/where am I prohibiting the relaying to user ravi ? [ It's a fresh
install of Debian 2.1 ]

I'm sorry if the question(s) are too basic , man sendmail would just give
me too much info and I still havent quite figured out where the problem is
.

One last thing ,where do i check for mail relay errors on my box itself ?
 /var/log/messages didnt quite show any info on these... are mail related
things logged elsewhere/nowhere ?

thanks
- ravi.

---