Re: [LI] Sharing single Internet Account between many users

Simplest way that I know of is to take individual POP
accounts on some free pop email provider (hotpop.com etc)
and then use fetchmail invoked from /etc/ppp/ip-up.local
(needs a /root/.fetchmailrc file).

Set DM (masquerade line in /etc/sendmail.cf) to be hotpop.com ,
or whatever free pop provider you choose.
Alternatively people can individually set their
email addresses in their mail clients (netscape or outlook exp etc).

In the sendmail.cf file, you can set the smart relay host
to be your local VSNL mail host.

See 'man fetchmail' for more info on fetchmail.

Also , you can configure ipfwd/ipchains on the Linux box , so
that all clients can browse , and people can create their own
hotmail accounts. IE5 on windows can download mails from
hotmail directly , I understand. So thats another alternative.

- B. Prasad