Re: [LI] ATI MACH64 215VT configuration problem

Hi

You have said you have selected ATI MACH64 264VT as your card is not
listed. This is not recommended. May be you can try to configure
it as a generic VGA card.

Else, try "XF86setup", which has lot more options. If XF86Setup is not
installed in you Linux (By default, it is not installed) , you can
get the RPM from the Redhat CD.

Regards,
Girish kamath.

> Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 21:42:55 +0530
> From: Rajesh Fowkar <<a >href="/tpl/Message/214VUVXIK/Editor?ToRec=iTo=rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">rfo>wkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>>
>Subject: [LI] ATI MACH64 215VT configuration problem

>Hi Friends,

>I have got a problem while configuring ATI MACH64 215VT graphics card
>at my friends place. I have installed Red Hat Linux  6.0 there. When I run
>startx there are small dots on the screen and when I open a window then >that
>part of screen becomes garbled. What could be the problem.

>In Xconfigurator I have chosen -
        Card - ATI MACH64 264VT ( since 215VT is not present in the card
list )
        Monitor - Viewsonic E641 Model (he has got this monitor)
        Server - XF86_SVGA Server & XF86_accl server ( I tried both
these ).

>I even tried with xf86config instead of Xconfigurator but no effect.
>The machine is 100MHZ pentium with 16MB RAM. Video card has 1MB VRAM and >it is
>a on board card.

>Hoping for some solution.

>Thanks in advance.

- --