[LI] ATI MACH64 215VT configuration problem

Hi Friends,

I have got a problem while configuring ATI MACH64 215VT graphics card
at my friends place. I have installed Red Hat Linux  6.0 there. When I run
startx there are small dots on the screen and when I open a window then that
part of screen becomes garbled. What could be the problem.

In Xconfigurator I have chosen -
	Card - ATI MACH64 264VT ( since 215VT is not present in the card list )
	Monitor - Viewsonic E641 Model (he has got this monitor)
	Server - XF86_SVGA Server & XF86_accl server ( I tried both these ).

I even tried with xf86config instead of Xconfigurator but no effect.
The machine is 100MHZ pentium with 16MB RAM. Video card has 1MB VRAM and it is
a on board card.

Hoping for some solution.

Thanks in advance.

--
Shriram alias Rajesh Fowkar
Kurtarkar Nagari, Bldg-C,

The Linux Fool is not a fool. He's just someone who is crazy about
Linux...