[LI] Setting up new devices.

Okay, here is the problem.

First, the general scenario. I have a Motorola internal modem
(Voicesurfr 56K), and its manual says it is for Windows only. However, I
know that it is not a soft-modem or a Windmodem. In windows, it runs on
COM5, IRQ5.

Now, desperate as I am, I am trying to run this modem in linux. Can
anyone tell me if this is possible?

Secondly, how can I create a new device, suppose /dev/ttySx (x should be
4 in my case, I guess), and then assign it IRQ5, just to test the logic?
I think I need to use mknod and setserial, but somehow I cannot
understand the man pages esp. in the case of mknod.

Could someone tell me how to achieve this, and if possible, give the
actual commands I need to execute?

-Anuj