Re: [LI] hdc: lost interrupt

Bilal Muddassir wrote:

> hdc: lost interrupt
>
> The disc is spinning at very high speed. The drive is a Philips that
> supports UDMA-2 and when I pry open the tray during this hot action, some
> I/O error messages are thrown to the console containing strings like
>
> DMA: Disabling
>
> Is it the high-speed + UDMA-2 nature of the ROM that is puzzling the system?

> Can someone help or gimme a pointer that solves the problem?

Hi,
	What is the chipset on your motherboard? It looks like u only have
experimental UDMA support for ur particular chipset. I too get similar
problems once in a while on my Ali M1541 chipset for which the driver is
unstable but usable.

	U can disable bus mastering permanently by running
	hdparm -d0(?) /dev/hdxx.

	Please do check the man pages for the exact parameter. Also, a news
group search might also be fruitful.

Regards,
-- Shanu