Re: [LI] ' FROM ' address problem

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, R Manoj wrote:

->
->Thanks nagarjuna, But you see, my local mails *do* get delivered correctly
->when i give the 'To' as reciever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .The only problem is ,
->since i am masquerading as realdomain.com , the ' FROM' in the reciever's
->header would be  sender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of sender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .
->All i want to do is by-pass masquerading in the case of local mails.
->Hope i have stated my problem more clearly.
->Thanks,

Is your localdomain.com different from realdomain.com?

Suppose your machine name is penguin, your realdomain will be
penquin.realdomain.com.  Isn't it?  Then you will masquerade all your mails
as user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no problem, you local domain will be,
penguin.realdomain.com.  This is the way my setup is done. Since the local
domain is penguin.realdomain.com, all the local mail will be delivered to
penguin.  Am I correct?

Nagarjuna