From: owner-linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of R Manoj
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 12:05 PM
To: linux-india
Subject: [LI] PCQ RH 5.2 & Sendmail

Hi all,
This is a follow up of one of my earlier posting for which i never got any
replies. I am running RH 5.2 (PCQ March 99) as my mailserver with the
default sendmail.cf that got installed ( Some customisation like Smart relay
host & Masquerading was done).

I have been reading some documentation on www.sendmail.org regarding some
fine tuning i want to do but it has not helped . It would be helpfull if
some one could send / point me a sendmail.mc file which was used for
generating the sendmail.cf ( which came with PCQ march issue, coz i am
trying to build up from there.) using m4 macro. I think i will have to add
an entry
define('SMTP_MAILER_FLAGS', 'A') in the sendmail.mc but i cant find the
file.
I was also not able to find any directory 'cf ' in my linux box which is
refered in most of the docs i have been through. Any pointers would be
helpful.

the following is my earlier posting to the list.
**********
I have sendmail 8.8.7 on my mail server on a Linux RH5.2 box. I have a
registered domain ' realdomain.com ' and it is a pop3 server where all the
mails for our organization comes. I download and distribute it to various
mailboxes setup in my local mailserver using fetchmail/sendmail/procmail
combination. My local domain name is ' localdomain.com '. I dont have any
problem recieving or sending mails out as i have set sendmail to masquerade
outgoing mails as ' realdomain.com ' .
My PROBLEM is for internal mails. For internal mails also the ' FROM '
address gets masqueraded as 'user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ' instead of
user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .This means that
if they reply to the FROM address, the mails are unnecessarily pushed
on to the internet. How can i overcome this (Prefferably at the MTA level).