[LI] Linux Doubts

> Subject: [LI] Linux doubts... (fwd)
>
> Hi
>         I am Umesh Sisodia, working as a software engineer at
> Semoconductor Complex Ltd. We want to use Linux
> in our corporate, I have a few doubt about Linux.
>
> 1. We want to have a linux based server which should work as a database
> server &  intranet server. From where will we get all the relevent
> software
>  & how much will it cost ? What is the hardware requirement will it work
> on a pentium based PC.

I guess experts on the LUG will give you expert advice. My non-expert
answer to all your questions is a big YESSSSSSS.
Buy RedHat (or SuSE or Caldera or Debian or Mandrake or ...........)
from any seller (or pick it up from CD's along with recent CHIP, PC
-Quest (nov 99?), IT-MAGazie). Setup SAMBA -the server which enables you
to connect your server to other pcs working on linux or windows! Follow
the instructions in the book - or ask expert advice on this list!
Ashok
(I think experts on list will correct me whereever I am wrong!)