[LI] Linux doubts... (fwd)

Hi
	I am Umesh Sisodia, working as a software engineer at
Semoconductor Complex Ltd. We want to use Linux
in our corporate, I have a few doubt about Linux.

1. We want to have a linux based server which should work as a database
server &  intranet server. From where will we get all the relevent
software
 & how much will it cost ? What is the hardware requirement will it work
on a pentium based PC.

2. Is it advisable to replace NT workstations in our office with Linux
workstations.  The requirement on workstations is that :

	- There should be GUI based email client which will communicate
with email server. Right now we are using MS outlook express.
	- Worstation should have full office suite, ie.. softwares
equivalent to MSWord, Msexcell, powerpoint etc..
	- Should support software development for developing GUI
applications which will interact with Oracle workgroup server on WIN NT4.0
and RMS database on Open VMS.
	- Workstation should have GUI.

>From where can we get the relevant software & how much will it cost ?

Please Advise.