[LI] netscape: can't load library libXpm.so.4

hi,

I downloaded and installed netscape communicator 4.6 on my
linux box running slink (debian 2.1r3), XFree86 3.3.5

I added the MOZILLA_HOME env. var. in the systemwide bash
profile and echo $MOZILLA_HOME gives the install dir.
/etc/ld.so.conf has /usr/X11R6/lib in place.

However, when I try invoking netscape by
'/opt/netscape/netscape' it simply gives me this message:

netscape: can't load library 'libXpm.so.4'

libXpm.so.4 is actually a symlink to libXpm.so.4.10

Anybody had this problem?

-gnana