Re: [LI] upgrade method?

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 11:06:38AM +0530, vsashok@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> any better method for upgrading other than using the same method of
> installation? (i.e., wait for the CD to prompt `install or upgrade?'
Hello there,
If you had debian, you could update all your packages while on the net. ;-)
Debian has a real good utility called aot-get which detects if there are any
latest packages and updates them as necessary. That is why I almost have the
latest release of Debian 2.2 ( AKA potato ) and the LATEST ( I mean the latest )
version of GIMP that is 1.1.8 . You can also update the packages on RedHat using
RPM where you can specify which site do dowload from. ;-)

But anyway I would just like to ask you a question ??
Why would you want RH6.0 ?? I am fine with RH5.2 and it provides me whatever
I want !

Mr.partha still uses his old slackware 2.0 ( Am I right Mr.Partha ).
Please Do not misunderstand me.
BTW you might ask why I am upgrading ?? ( I know questions do arise ;-)
Because Debian 2.1 came with old version of gnome ( Unstable ) . So I got the
later one which has the latest gnome and the latest Apache Server 1.3.9 ;-)

Anyway no Hard feelings. Again want to reiterate that Linux is about choice.

HAppy Linuxing....

Regards

	Khader