[LI] Re:

> You can install Windoze first and then use FIPS, part and install Linux.
> But, not a good idea, as FIPS has to change your original HDD FAT, etc etc.
> Nothing damaging as such (FIPS is a most elegant software), but still not
> required.
> On the other hand - don't try to install Windoze after Linux. If it's 98,
> it'll overwrite LILO, which you can recover from with an update. If it's NT,
> it's look @ LILO in the boot sector and lie down somewhere and die. And
> crash your system as well.

So, mind outlining the procedure in a way I can follow word to word?
We install win95 first and then Nt and then Linux?
I am going to use only NT and applications on that. To have a fat32 filesystem, should I
need to install the whole win95?

OK I will outline the requirements...
1. I want to have win applications which are commercially relevant to me.
2. I want to have Linux as that is the best o/s I want to work on, even for fun. I want
gimp
etc and some other web-applications. Wanna learn.

I want the free space to be used by both Linux and win NT. That the files are read by
both the OSes, I think it is a good idea to place files on the win side and run Linux
all the time, or most of the time, unless some people want to use the word97 or
something...

please tell the way out for this...
5 Gb on win side
3 Gb on Linux side..

further development etc on win side..
Can I mount the /home etc on the win side? Or it will have to be in Linux side?
Technical fundaes are most welcome. As well as the solutions are. Thanks for the time.

> Heh, heh, Visual Studio 6.0? Join the gang, am I waiting for Jessie or what!
> In case you are interested (line for the rest of the ppl on the list... ;-))
> you could check out development tools for Linux....

Wo sab pata nahin yaar. The point is that I am working in my company on the same.. or
may be required to work on the same soon enough. SO... I want that here... that is all.

> > should I go for a more powerful system.
> Not really. This should do, at a pinch. But, a word of caution, it really
> depends on the apps you want to run - there was no mention of them, so I'd
> take it, that they aren't really heavy duty. Your multimedia, gaming etc
> should be ok.

It will involve oracle and delevoper and VC/VB etc etc... a  lot of software from MS or
other things..... On linux it will be netscape/Gimp/Movies etc

> About accessibility. NT dies with LILO. So, leave your boot info on the
> Linux partition. You can config NT to allow you to boot into Linux.
> Interesting procedure. Strip some 128 KB of your kernel from there, put it
> onto the NT partition, and set up NT's boot.ini. At one point in a machine I
> know, I had NT reeling off NT, Win98, Linux 6.0 as boot options - it's so
> greedy it wont let anyone else boot up! Read www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm
> for more help

hmm interesting. Thanks.
Rohit