Re: [LI] SMBMOUNT Problem

>    I  was trying to mount a win nt shared drive to my LINUX machine  using
> smbmount. It works perfectly when I login as root But when I login as a
user
> the followiing error occurs
>    smbmnt   must be installed as setuid
>     mount failed
> Can anybody tell what I should do
> sunil

I too have the same problem. I also have another related problem: Today I
installed my 2nd linux system. The first one is RH 5.2 from pcq march 99 cd.
The other one is RH 6.0 original. When I did a 'man smbmount', both these
systems give different syntaxes. I wanted to connect from RH6 to the RH5.2
which was running SAMBA. Racking my brains for a long time I connected
finally.

Now a command changing its syntax between versions is NOT a good thing?

Mani