Re: [LI] Fw: [ilug-cal] NFS DISK sharing problem

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Indranil Das Gupta wrote:

*>Sir,
*>            I would like to share a Disk from a Linux machine to Solaris
*>machine.
*>            I have done the appropriate entries in the /etc/export file
*>            I have run the EXPORTFS command successfully

If you are setting up NFS server best bet is use linux-conf.  Just run
Linux-conf, export file systems, ans setup all the access info, quit
linux-conf with actvating changes.
You are ready, you can mount on the reote host without any problem

- -Chetan S

*>        I have checked up the rpcinfo -p command
*>                It states everything except NFS on TCP protocol
*>    On the Remote SUN machine when I give the mount command it says
*>        NFS service not responding.
*>
*>Kindly suggest
*>
*>Rama Murthy
*>
*>
*>--
*>To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxx with the body
*>"unsubscribe ilug-cal" and an empty subject line.
*>FAQ: http://www.ilug-cal.org/help/faq_list.html
*>For more information on Linux in India visit http://www.linux-india.org/
*>The Linux India mailing list does not accept postings in HTML format.
*>

ATM: A Technical Mistake