Re: [LI] Mime-Version: 1.0

Hi,

Look down...

> Here is the listing of .bashrc of the oracle user :
>
> " # .bashrc
>
> # User specific aliases and functions
>
> # Source global
> definitions
> if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
> 	. /etc/bashrc
> fi
>
> umask 022
> export
> ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5
> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib
> export
> ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle/u01/app/oracle
> export ORACLE_SID=dba
Are you sure your SID is this??? This should be the name of the Database you
want it to create!

> export
> ORACLE_TERM=vt100
> export
> ORACLE_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data

Are you sure The above parameter is correct??? This parameter (I guess) stands for Natural Language Specification and usually assigned to american_america.WE8ISO8859P1

> export
> PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
What is your $PATH. I mean doeas it include ur current directory???
Give it like this.

export PATH=$PATH:/$ORACLE_HOME/bin/. (If ur $PATH before this doesnt have ".").
or remove the . at end if it already has.
(I guess this should solve the problem)

HTH
Sai

- --
 "The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts
 agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer
 professionals. We cause accidents."