[LI] Re : Problem compiling network driver

Hi,
   If you have compiled the driver, you can use it to replace your
current driver. Do a
find /lib/modules -name tulip.o
  But, do make a backup of your existing driver. You can also take
your new driver on a test drive by doing an "ifconfig eth0 down;rmmod
tulip.o" and load your new driver through an insmod and again configure your
network(ifconfig + route).
In general, this is a *good idea*. I had problems when I changed my ne2kpci
driver recently (though they got corrected soon enough).
Also, if your module depends on other files in your kernel source code (my
ne2kpci driver did), then the module you just created would work properly
only with the kernel version associated with your kernel source code.

Bye,
- -
Vimal
Model Engg. College