[LI] X Screen shakes on playing any mp2 or mp3 file in RH6.0

My X Screen shakes badly on playing any mp2 or mp3 file. Ripples can be
felt originating from the top right hand corner of the screen and dying
down towards the bottom left corner. I tried to run mp2 and mp3 file at
nice value 19 (lowest priority) it still did not work out. I constantly
monitored top results. Ended up wasting my 1 and a half hour. There is
absolutely no change in the %CPU usage of X and %MEM of X on entry of a
new process xaudio or mpeg123.
I NEVER FACED THIS PROBLEM IN 5.2 RELEASE. IT RAN PERFECTLY SMOOTH.
Any possible solution ???