NO SWAP! NO RAM!

Hi,
I had recently installed RHL6.0 (chip CD). I had made the partition 1GB
linux native and 40MB linux swap. I have 128 MB of RAM.

1) Running free showed only 14MB of RAM!.
I found in docs that inorder to use more than 64MB for RAM one has
to  append lilo.conf with mem="128MB". But as I boot through floppy I
didnt find the lilo.conf file. What should I do?

2) Running free I found that there was no swap space!.
          total  used  free
swap  0      0        0

There was no use trying "swapon -av" as the etc/fstab file contained
no swap partition. (I had earlier made 40MB swap partition).
Why is it so?

3) Where are the docs about installation/swap partitioning kept?

- - Sachin