Re: multiple web site hosting in apache (fwd)

#From: R Manoj <rmanoj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

#hello,
#I have RH 5.2 and Apache 1.3.3. I would like to know if apache supports
#multiple web site hosting and how to configure apache for doing that.
1) Yeah it supports . There is a VirtualHost Directive in the httpd.conf
file under "/etc/httpd/conf/" , that you have to enable and give the
necessary setting like the ServerAdmin , DocumentRoot , ServerName , etc .

#Another doubt i have is --
#a. does the directories for putting the cgi scripts need always be
#/home/httpd/cgi-bin ?
2) In the srm.conf file change the "ScriptAlias" Directive to whereever
you want your cgi-bin to be and also move your cgi-scripts to that
directory .

#b. does the directories for putting the HTML pages need always be
#/home/httpd/html ?
3) Change the "DocumentRoot" Directive in the srm.conf file to whatever
you want and move the neccessary files under that directory . And to
reflect this change you have to set the "Directory" Directive in the
access.conf file probably around line number 32 from where you define your
access rules .

	For detailed description about all these directives refer to the
apache documentation ....

regards,
bvr

#
#Can i change these defaults? Please somebody point me in the proper
#direction.
#
#Thanks a lot.
#