Internet Gateway prob

I ran pcqupdt right in the beginning when I installed RH 6.0 and my 486 which
was connected to my Linux machine (which acts as a server) could not connect
to the net through the Linux machine. I realized today that during the boot up
and initializing of services it gave a msg that Internet Gateway could not be
initalized. I could not read the error because right after that the login
screen comes. So is there anyway to :-

1) See the error msg

2) and what could be the problem that it is not getting initialized?

TIA,
Jeff

   http://MailAndNews.com and http://MailAndNews.co.uk