Re: internet gateway .... plz S.O.S.

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Amit Goel wrote:

*>machines in network to the outside world. Whereas same ip no. i can ping
*>from my linux machine.

The problem seems that IP farwarding not enabled. On  ur linux host login
as root and do

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

The try to ping outside from ur hosts behind g/w. When this start working
the enable ip_forward as default by editing /etc/sysconfig/network and
in that file make FORWARD_IPV4=yes
Or use control-panel -> network config

- -Chetan S

*>
*>Everytime I say ping 202.54.1.30 from a node it says request timed out. And
*>also whenever I disconnect linux server from internet, the nodes now say
*>network host unreachable.
*>
*>So where is the problem ,, in network , in lan or somewhere else.
*>
*>TIA
*>
*>Amit
*>
*>
*>For more information on Linux in India visit http://www.linux-india.org/
*>The Linux India mailing list does not accept postings in HTML format.
*>

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw