Re: fdisk problems

Hi Arun,

The problem is that I did not get the extended partition option when I
used "n" to create a new partition. I had to create a primary partition,
then change the type to linux-extended and then create lofical drives in
it.
But the total number of primary partitions (as I have mentioned before) is
4 (hda1,hda2,hda3,hda4), I've exhausted all of these as below:-
hda1 - dos primary
hda2 - dos extended
hda3 - linux-native primary
hda4 - linux-swap
Now the total number of primary partitions that linux fdisk allows is 4,
which I've finished. So I can't create one more primary partition and then
change it to extended.
What I actually want to know is how to change the ID of the partitions
(like I want to change the id of swap partition from hda4 to hda5 or
hda6.)

Regarding the Lilo usage wrt booting in a slave disk. My d: is the slave
primary drive. I'd said "sys d:" and made it bootable. Checked it out by
making it master. Then I reconfigured Lilo to include this drive by adding
the following entries:-(my slave hdd is recognised as hdb)
other=/dev/hdb1
	label=slave
	table=/dev/hdb

But as soon as Lilo went to the slave disk, I got a mesg that"Invalid
system disk".

Thank you arun for your prompt reply,
Bye,
Vinay