fdisk problems

Hi there,

I was installing linux on a HDD which already had a primary dos and an
extended dos partition. They were recognised as hda1 and hda2. So I
created two partition using fdisk of linux as hda3 and hda4. I then
changed the partition type of hda4 to Linux swap. Now when I want to
create an extended partition, how do I create it? I cannot create a
logical partion without creating an extended partition.
 To create an extended partition, I have to create a primary partition and
change its type to linux extended. But I face a problem here, as the range
of primary partition (hda1-4) is full.

One more qstn:- Can I use Lilo to boot through a primary slave hdd?
TIA,
Bye,
Vinay