postmaster gives error on startup

Hi friends,

Apologies for this long mail. Only after reading this mail you will realise the
importance of each and every word mentioned to explain my problem.

 I have installed postgres 6.4 from CHIP SPECIAL CD 2. I have done the setup and
created the databases as per the documentation.

Currently my postgres status is as follows :

PGDATA=/usr/lib/pgsql
PGLIB=/usr/lib/pgsql

drwxr_xr_x               /usr/lib/pgsql
drwx_____	      /usr/lib/pgsql/base
drwx_____               /usr/lib/pgsql/template1
		      along with /usr/lib/pgsql/postgres and other directories
		       for the databases I have created.

My problem is when I start the PC during postgres service startup I get error
message saying that

	/usr/bin/postmaster does not find the database system, expected to find
in path PGDATA /usr/lib/pgsql but unable to find file with path
/usr/lib/pgsql/base/template1/pg_class.

as a result postmaster does not start the service during startup. I have to
login as postgres and start the postmaster service manually. From postgres
login postmaster starts and from a different console I can access my postgres
databases.

Why the postgres system service is not starting ? Where am I going wrong ?
Please help me. At work I am working on INTEGRA RDBMS package. When I came to
know that there is RDBMS package called postgressql I was excited and installed
it and now even able to use it but everytime I have to login as postgres
in order to start postmaster.

If I start the frontend pgaccess from KDE it is also giving me error saying that
- -----------------------------------------------------
Error in startup script : couldn't load file 'libpgtcl.so' "
'libpgtcl.so':cannot open shared object file :No such file or directory
 While executing
"load libpgtcl.so"
 (procedure "main" line 6)
 invoked from within
"main $argc $ argv"
file "/usr/bin/pgaccess" line 4954

I will be really thankful if I get some solution to this problem.
Thanking in advance. Waiting for your reply.
Thank you for your patient reading.

Regards

- --
Shriram alias Rajesh Fowkar