RE: Modems for Linux?

Now I am going to rely on That's filter which would throw away HTML mails -
I am still using Outlook Express - if this mail goes out in HTML and is
found on the list - you know whom to catch - obviously not me!

What I am going to say next would certainly surprise most of my friends
there in India!  I do not know about Atul - would he be surprised too?

Here in UK, so far I have seen only two or three brands - 3COM/USR, Pace and
Diamond.  Occasionally a Hayes.

None of the other brands are visible anywhere - neither in Computer shops,
nor in Computer magazines!

Surprising and strange!

Back there - there are so many - ZyXEL, Boca, Hayes, Multitech, Zoom etc etc
- - to name a few.

Apparently here in UK, internal modems are more popular.
Consequently I am forced to use an Internal modem even at home - the
external ones are quite expensive and there is no real compelling reason to
buy them - and with the choice limited to just three or four brands - the
prices remain high.

I am yet to find any active Linux user's group here - though there are a few
Unix user's groups which require a membership fee etc.

 \   \/   /   |  |      |  |_) | vlbaindoor@xxxxxxxxx
  \      /    |  |      |   _  < vlbaindoor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   \    /     |  `----. |  |_) | Maidenhead U.K.