Re: ftp and telnet are so slow!!!

Hi,

I have a few questions/points:

1. Is there a way to stop login and/or tcp_wrappers do a reverse lookup?
2. Some perceptible delay in ftp/telnet can be felt with linux if you have
ident (auth) enabled. However, since it is a valuable logging tool, I
would'nt recommend disabling it.

[OFF-TOPIC]
1. Are ident libraries available for C and Perl?

2. As we know, a lot of process information is available through /proc fs.
This include the 'cwd' of process, current 'root dir' of process, the
environment variables of process, and even the core image of process.
Is there a program in linux which will show all this info neatly given
a process' pid. I'm talking about much more info than is provided by top.
A gui in tk/gtk will be even more appreciated.

Regards, Lokesh Setia,
<lsetia@xxxxxxxxxxx>