Re: Problem with java on linux.

rohit sharma proclaimed:
> while reading the documentation it rightly said so that it is a parser but
> at my friend's comp who have installed redhat6.0 from chip cd and the JDK
> from it too there were no messages of gcc or anything it just works silently
> and i was happy with the performance  as compared to window based jdk.he has
> 64 mb ram/8.6 GB/HD-> 2.8 for linux.

What version of JDK do you have installed?

> but we both are facing problem that everytime we load the applet through a
> htm file in netscape navigator it opens it and within a second close the
> navigator while in windows it is woking fine though the appletviewer does
> not give any prob

There seems to be some bustage with java on communicator on Linux (In this
authors opinion java on the client side is dead).  We have to wait for
Mozilla to go into beta for some decent java.  See
http://www.mozilla.org/oji/

Thaths
- --
   "If there was any justice, my face would be on a bunch of crappy
                merchandise!" -- Homer J. Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave