Problem with LoadLin, Tk

Hi Linuxers!
I've a slight problem. I've upgraded to RH 6.0 from the Chip CD. I've a
version of "Loadlin.exe" which came with the RH 5.2. I've copied the
"VMLINUZ" kernel of RH6.0 on a 32-bit FAT DOS parition. The RH6.0 is
installed on a second 630 MB HDD. When I type in "loadlin vmlinuz
root=/dev/hdb1 ro" it issues the following message

Uncompressing
Linux............................................................
(screen clears)
(abruptly)
ran out of input data
  -- System Halted

I haven't installed LILO on any of the HDD. I currently boot from a floppy
with LILO to load Linux.

1) Any pointers to cause of the above problem ??

2) How do I make a bootable Linux floppy ?

3) I'm was having trouble configuring "smb.conf" because of the number of
options. I finally managed to get it configured with the help of a friend.
So, out of furstration, I decided to write a praser for the "smb.conf" file
using "flex". Currently, I'm able to recognize all the sections and
considerable amount of options which are relevent to me. I've also been
doing "Tcl/Tk" programming for X.

Does anybody have any pointers on how to access C variables from Tk ? All
the values which I get from the above parsing are stored in variables. I
want to access these
in Tk so that I can give a GUI interface to this "smb.conf parser".

Hoping to get answers/suggestions ASAP.
Thanks a lot!
- -- Amrit.