SOCKS_NS ????

Hi,
I want to thank all of you for solving my display problem (Sis).
I am able to connect to the Internet 172226 through Kppp. I have setup my
DNS properly as I verified in the /etc/hosts file. However, Netscape gives
me the errors:
1. Can't find server....
2. If your nameserver is other than root, you must set up the $SOCKS_NS
variable to point to this value... contact your system admin.

Please tell me what this SOCKS_NS is and how do I tell NETSCAPE what my name
servers are.
Thank you.
Farhad.