Re: Prob with kmail.

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Dr. Pavri wrote:

*>guys I need some serious help here.
*>

What I think probably, is the loopback device is down or not added to to
the route, you can check that by typing /sbin/route to see if lo device
exists, and /sbin/ifconfig to see again if lo device is up. If either os
them fail, just make the device active using linux-conf->network
configuration.

- -Chetan S

*>I have RH 5.2 with KDE 1.1. I configured kmail. I can send mails alright
*>but I can't check my pop mail, it gives an error message. this is majorly
*>irritating to say the least. I have gone thru the kmail help file from
*>start to finish atleast thrice.
*>
*>
*>Besides, the boot up messages show the following..
*>
*>httpd failure  could not find local host address.... Use ServerName
*>direcive to manually configure it (how do I do this .. I tried typing
*>Servername at the prompmt but no go)
*>
*>Also there  is this in the later messages...
*>hp = 0!: Connection refused.
*>
*>When I had tried to run DNS configuration using pcqupdt, nothing happened
*>and it just went to the next screen to ask if I wanted to configure LAN
*>gateway.
*>
*>I am reallty Stumped, pleeease help,
*>
*>shahrukh
*>
*>*********************************
*>Dr. Shahrukh K. R. Pavri.
*>Homoeopath.
*>Mumbai, India.
*>
*>
*>For more information on Linux in India visit http://www.linux-india.org/
*>The Linux India mailing list does not accept postings in HTML format.
*>

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw