removing the core file...

Hi all
I would like to make some additons to my .bashrc file to ensure that
everytime i login if any core file exists in my home directory then it gets
deleted by itself. I cud have simply added
"rm core" but then when a core doesnt exist it will give an unnecssary
error!
One more question, if i am working in Xwindows and i have no xterm , rxvt
etc opened then if somebody sends me a talk request what happens to it..i
mean do I come to know of the request?
TIA
Gaurav