RE: Training Standards

Aye aye to that!
I joined a course called Certified Webmaster from World Wide Web Institute -
they taught me about 8 tags in html, 1 tag in dhtml (onMouseover), and before
they damaged my brain further I quit!!  I've got linux at home - I've learned
installation; tcp/ip; modem configuration; graphics (GIMP); html; javascript;
perl; python.  I am learning X windows (of course I have it running already).
I can configure the apache webserver quite successfully (one of these days I
will have you guys dialup into my home-server and see for yourself).  In
addition I've learnt tons and tons of philosophy which keeps me going (in real
life too!!)  And honestly, I pull myself out of the computer only to answer
nature's calls, my family's social requirements, and finally when I get
physically tired out.  I told the director of the institute to install linux -
the dumb fellow is now offering to teach linux for prospective students!!  He
has no knowledge of anything except sweet talk - which of course everybody
knows.  It hurts him a lot if you ask him for a refund of the money you are
expected to deposit in advance.  I had a mind to go the MRTP (Monopolies and
Restrictive Trade Practices) guys but then I let him off the hook.

There is so much more on my computer that I haven't had the time to go through
it all.  I have to play around with Postgresql, c++, and whatnot.  There is
tons and tons of documentation.  My system NEVER crashes (inspite of the
electricity failures at least half a dozen times in a day!)

Additionally I have very high quality friends all over the world; including
many on this mailing list!

The bottomline of this long posting is: Learn it yourself by doing it
yourself.

And if you want to get certified just keep answering the various queries on
this mailing list, buddy, you'll be certified with honours.  Guaranteed
forever.

Regards,
Rajkumar Andrews