Re: Training Standards

This refers to mukunds inputs.

I fully agree that nothing is better than learning on your own.  In fact the
poor people who attend all those institutes probably think it is as simple
as paying money and getting knowledge.  Even if you are trained by the best
you still have to do your own 'riyaz' daily so sharpen your skills and to
grow.

There are big corporates around with policies in place.  While the people,
as individuals, would admit that certificates dont mean a bit, as the
"titled" employees, would not put their companies money on a shabbily (or
smartly) dressed hacker.

It is for providing to the deserving person the last thing needed to round
up, and incidentally the first thing needed to land up anywhere and
establish your credentials before they even see your face.

If that didn't make much sense, don't adjust your self-image.  I think I was
raving.

Anyway, it is precisely the 50K for toiletpaper institutes I want to prevent
for cropping up and cashing on on a new emerging technology.  I want that
innocent and stupid people alike are protected from fraudsters.  Again, if
Linux gets a bad name from these people, there is very little that can be
done by the so called advocates to bring back the credibility in absense of
a proper organisation structure.

To cut this short the bottom line is:
A cheap (Rs.500.00) examination to certify you as a "Networking Engineer",
or an "Internet Server Adminstrator", or an "Operator" is what should evolve
first.  Institutes who want to offer training on these courses would have to
contribute to the I-LUG, but you can feel free to cut your teeth or burn
your fingers on a 486.  This is what the DOE ACC style is.

I am sorry if I have said too much ... no offence :)

regards

kinjal dixit