Re: Training Standards

Benoy George wrote:

> We  are  very interested,  especially  for the people like me because I don't
> have any unix background
> But also I successfully  Installed most of the components in Linux with the
> help of this mailing List , magazines
> and from friends etc..

As you say you have already installed most of the components with some
help then I say you have become a guru already and why do you need
training ?
Some time I really wonder why people are after training and
certification. Why one requires any training for Visual Basic /Java /
multimedia /e-commerce etc. etc.
The people who wants to make fast buck usually start training institute
and innocent people fall prey to it. What one learns by actually doing
has no match to any training in the world. And linux is like that only.
Buy a 486 and put free linux and get going, plenty of help available
around. You do not have shell out hefty sum of 50k to learn Internet or
e-commerce or java.
I wonder which training institute atul or arun or raj or ...(sorry if
missed other big wigs) had joined to learn linux?

- -mukund