Re: The Ultimate Coup!

>I hope someone, anyone or maybe everyone ;-) can help me with my pet
project
>because I'm really really stuck.
>
>"The Linux Migration Tool For Windows users"
>
>Wish List
>***Works on all windows platforms

Throw windows out, have an install disk,
>***Detects hardware and hardware settings
Do you want to re-invent the wheel ( see yast for Suse Linux)
>***Suggests Installation and/or Setup procedures or routines
All exists already
>***Provides information on where to get the software, tools and utilities
>and applications.
the net is available and a big resource perhaps you should consider looking
at

>Now what? I just don't know how to proceed.
>I think maybe a wizard like approach would be suitable. What do you think?
Wizards are for dumb window users not Linux fans.. and did some one tell you
about rpm and pkgadd(1) these do just the job which you are looking at

>Any Ideas? Suggestions? Volunteers? Gurus' guidance?
perhaps what you need is a Network configurator tool ideally because that is
where a lot of ex-windows  guys suffer when it comes to networking Linux,
(though with the right card and driver it is rather simple), also
configuring the whole NET related stuff ( for e.g. dialup, DNS, SENDMAIL,
etc..) would be ideal

Vishal K