Re: Training Standards and more

Benoy George wrote:

> We  are  very interested,  especially  for the people like me because I don't
> have any unix background
> But also I successfully  Installed most of the components in Linux with the
> help of this mailing List , magazines
> and from friends etc..
>
> I tried on internet  for any online training , I didn't get .  is it ?
>
> Jeffrey Yep wrote:
>
> > But I thought we already have Linux Certifications but thats abroad from Red
> > Hat. But it would be a good step if we could get them to start them here in
> > India. But we seriously do need Training Inst. Here in India. So what say u
> > ppl?
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > "To be or not to be....who bothers!"
> >
> > >From: MR KINJAL DIXIT <kinjal.dixit@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > >To: <linux-india@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: Training Standards
> > >Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:44:26 +0530
> > >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I would like to draw the collective attention of this group to issues
> > >related to training in linux.  If work on this is already in progress, I
> > >would like to join in... otherwise let me kick off by contributing my 2
> > >cowries.
> > >
> > >What I propose is a nationwide cirriculum and sort of centralised
> > >certification board.  Institutes wishing to provide linux training under
> > >this brand would be welcome on a non-exclusive basis.  If this is carried
> > >out under the Indian Linux Users Group banner, it would achieve the two
> > >objectives of providing credibility and generating funds.
> > >
> > >In my opinion, the areas where we can initially design courses for is
> > >"basic
> > >user", "basic administrator", "programmer", "network administrator",
> > >"internet administrator".
> > >
> > >The courses should be as rich in content as possible without any dumbing
> > >down at all.
> > >
> > >Since this is just a kick off, I do not want to give much direction.  It
> > >would be a much richer experience for all concerned if we leave the field
> > >as
> > >open as possible for about a month, before starting to add details.
> > >
> > >regards
> > >
> > >kinjal dixit

hi guys,
                 talking about training standards caldera has a linux for
business which hs already stared in hyderabad , if you guys are intrested
you can walk into any of the slyvan prometric centres and write the exams , why
reinvent the wheel , its just a matter of time some body will offer red hat
,debian, suse.. what ever the distro but Linux is gonna be the winner.

oh ... i forgot to tell you about the site http://www.linuxcertification.com
where you can register and get certified :)

s.goswami
http://www.sholay.com
http://www.sansad.com
http://www.softmerchants.com

ps: if anybody is thinking of starting something like this is Hyderabad i will be
more than glad to be associated with.