Re: Training Standards

Hi ,

I really appriciate the efforts you are taking to learn Linux. I too
strongly believe in Do-It-Yourself  aproach towards learning becase that is
rally the only way. Nobody can just stuff knowledge in somebody' brain. But
I beg to differ on certification issue. As you said "And if you want to get
certified just keep answering the various queries on
> this mailing list, buddy, you'll be certified with honours.  Guaranteed ",
the issue being discussed is not to prove somebody' s knowledge of linux.
Certification is to be treated as benchmark. It is not that a Certified
person knows everything. But it helps people and companies to judge one's
capability in the subject without trial & error basis.

It is helpful for new users who don't know where to start. In India not
everybody has access to internet & email even he/she has a PC. We have not
reached a stage of plug -an- internet. This community also needs some
start-off. A Certified course espacially something like this which would be
supported by the user group rather than a company is of great help. although
I ahve a couple of years experience in Linux, I would still like to join /
pass such certification.

And finally why not to have a official statndard  for linux when it is
getting acceptance in corporates.

Regards

Manoj