Re: wine problems

> But I still can't make wine work. As I
> installed
> new KDE 1.1 from pcq cd, I couldn't start wine, it gives error :
> permission
> denied.

What is the relation between KDE and WINE?? Check out the perms for the wine
executable.

>  In the wine.conf file which is inside /usr/local/etc, there is lines -
>
> [wine]
> Windows=c:\windows
> System=c:\windows\system
> Temp=e:\
> Path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system;e:\test;e:\;f:\
> SymbolTableFile=./wine.sym
>
> I don't find where to add entry. Do you mean to change the path section.

I think that appending entries to your path should work. I dont have wine on
my system right now.. neither do I have access to the CD containing it, so I
cant be sure about this. I'll get the CD back in a couple of days and get
back to you if I have something to add. In the mean time read the docs in
the directory where you have installed wine. Thats where I got all the info
to get wine up and running for me.

> And, Why its not good to run wine as root?

WINE is an experimental project yet. We dont have a completely stable
production version yet. Such software when run as root can cause unexpected
damage... or so I think. I myself have lost the mailbox of Outlook Express
and have corrupted a couple of .dat files related to winduhs executables in
my attempts to run them under wine as root.

Regards,
Sundeep.