Re: wine problems

Thanks Sundeep for the answer. But I still can't make wine work. As I
installed
new KDE 1.1 from pcq cd, I couldn't start wine, it gives error :
permission
denied.
I am running as root.

> You are running wine when your pwd=/root . The /root directory hasnt been
> specified as one of the possible current-working-directories and hence the
> error. Execute wine by first cd'ing into your windows partition. Or else if
> you insist on using wine from /root , add a suitable entry into
> /etc/wine.conf .

 In the wine.conf file which is inside /usr/local/etc, there is lines -

[wine]
Windows=c:\windows
System=c:\windows\system
Temp=e:\
Path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system;e:\test;e:\;f:\
SymbolTableFile=./wine.sym

I don't find where to add entry. Do you mean to change the path section.

And, Why its not good to run wine as root?

> Long-names will work.. probably if you mount your windows partition as vfat.

I have mounted all my windows partions  as vfat.
Please suggest me .
- --
Pawan Dev
email : pdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Windows: From the people who brought you EDLIN!