From: Sunil Nambiar <suniln@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxx <linux-india@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 July 1999 14:38
Subject: Re: two ethernet cards...........

>hi,
>There r interfaces available in unix system which u can use to configure
and talk to ur interface cards. By default ur first card i believe is
initialised with interface eth0. U can check this by running
>ifconfig.
>Then u can configure ur card by running netconf. Select ur new interface as
eth0. Give the corrent module for ur card and that's it.
>SunilN
>

>Manoj wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I want to install a second ethernet card (Compex RL2000-PCI ) on my RH
5.2 ( kernel 2.0.36)  box. Can somebody tell me what i should do for the
kernel to recognize both the cards at boot time itself .