Re: two ethernet cards...........

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 11:48:22AM +0530, Manoj said:

 => I want to install a second ethernet card (Compex RL2000-PCI ) on my RH 5.2 ( kernel 2.0.36)  box. Can somebody tell me what i should do for the kernel to recognize both the cards at boot time itself .

	This is not first hand knowledge (remember watching Gnana
do it), but you could let the kernel autodetect one card, and probe the
other using an entry in /etc/conf.modules. Something like,

	alias eth0 ne
	options ne io=0x2040 irq=10

	HTH,
						- arun

- --
If two people love each other, there can be no happy end to it.
		-- Ernest Hemingway