RE: [linux-delhi] ADMINISTRIVIA

Emotional Mr. Sundeep,

It is nice to hear that, you have proceeded being a 'babe in the woods'
in May 1998 to a 'hunter' in today, thanks to as you said - Linux India
Mailing List, the gurus and newbies on it. The newbies pose the
questions and gurus try to solve it. Some bystanders benifit from it.
That's how the learning process goes.

If you have been in this list long enough, you should know that people
here outrightly express their opinions. Land of the most free speech, is
the Internet. Getting emotional about it and missing heartbeat...
(Three,  I think), really won't help.

The list, as any other community - real or virtual has a varitey of
people, for every one person, telling you read HOW-TOs (which I think is
a good thing, because some of them are really helpful), there will a few
others who will give you a step by step explanation of what you have to
do. That's the way it is.

Sometimes, there will be no help forthcoming. It could be mainly
because, most of the people speak out of their experience and many
situations are unique in their own right. There is no way to know, that
what kind of motherboard or chip set one is using, unless explicitly
mentioned. Sometimes, everything is fine except those RAM SIMMs.

>I'll have the best of all worlds, no matter how dumb you think me to be,
>and I'll laugh when I see you doing in pine, painstakingly, what I can do
>in OE with two clicks.

You speak of PINE.. that peice of software has been around since ages
and being improved upon. Outlook Express comparitively is a new
innovation. Then welcome to world of GNOME and KDE.. I am sure they have
answers to OE, maybe not so good, but a close match.

That's why there is progress, because we want to enchance they way we
work. Now that I have expressed my opinion... :)

Regards
Shashank