Re: [linux-delhi] ADMINISTRIVIA

Hi Lokesh,

Thanks for your insightful comments.  I agree that ideally we should
have seperate lists for help and for programming.  However, I see 2
problems with that:

1.  Messages invariably leak over from one list to the other.
Specifically, people wanting help tend to post to as many lists as
possible, and hence we can expect the putative programming list also
to be flooded with help requests eventually.

2.  The subscriber base isn't large enough yet to justify splitting
the list up.  Perhaps we can do it when we reach some magic number --
256 or 512 or 1024 or something :-)

Linux-India is doing a great job of helping out with newbie questions,
and I guess that over time Linux-Delhi will also acquire an identity
as a help or programming or guru or discussion list.  Until then,
let's just live with all the messages -- even given my 6 messages the
traffic isn't that high :-)

And I also must admit that even basic questions tend to generate
interesting follow-ups on Linux-Delhi.  Has anyone else noticed that?

Regards,

- -- Raju